Rules Acknowledgement Agreement
Target shooting can be a fun activity for the entire family; however, strict safety rules must be followed. The community and the nation eyes are watching. We want this facility to set an example of what safe and responsible gun ownership is.
All firearms and shooting bags must be inspected prior to using the range. Upon entering the facility go immediately and check in at the range counter.
All new shooters must take a safety and range familiarization course prior to shooting. Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Please help us keep the range a safe place to shoot. If you see someone breaking any rules please tell the range officer. We will keep your identity confidential.
You may not shoot if you have been drinking alcohol or have been using other substances, including prescription drugs, within the last 8 hours.
When range is at full capacity and there are shooters waiting to use a lane, you will be limited to one hour. If there is no one waiting, you may shoot as long as the range is opened. Scheduled events, reservation and members of the range have priority over individual shooters.
You must read and sign our waiver to use our facility. You may do this using our online form.
Firearm Etiquette and Rules while using the BIG WOODS GOODS range
- Only authorized firearms are allowed on the range.
- Know how your firearm operates.
- Wear eye and ear protection.
- When leaving the firing line or switching shooters at any time, unload the firearm, lock the action open and lay it down with the muzzle pointing down range.
- Always keep muzzle pointed in a safe direction, preferably down range, never point muzzle towards ceiling or floor.
- Always keep fingers off the trigger and outside the trigger guard until ready to shoot.
- Always keep the action open and unloaded until ready to shoot. This means being in position on the firing line with the range cleared for shooting.
- Open actions and unload firearms during a ceasefire.
- Loading or unloading your firearms is only allowed at the shooting lane with the muzzle pointed down range.
- Shooting a rifle from any unstable position (hip shooting) is prohibited.
- When loading, the rifle must remain on the rest and pointed at the backstop area.
- Moving the rifle off the bench rest to reload is prohibited.
- If your firearm malfunctions, becomes jammed, or if you require assistance of any type from the range office, lay it down on the table with the muzzle pointing down range, step back from your shooting point and raise your hand and wait for assistance from the range officer. (At no time should you attempt to remove a loaded or jammed firearm from the firing line.
- When you have a miss fire (dud) you must keep the muzzle pointed down range and signal the range officer.
- When you are completely finished shooting and wish to leave, all firearms must be unloaded with the action open before leaving the shooting position.
- Wash your hands after shooting.
Lane Etiquette and Rules while using the BIG WOODS GOODS Range
- Shoot only at authorized targets.
- Shoot at the target in your lane only.
- Multi-lane shooting is prohibited.
- Do not handle firearms or stand at the firing line when others are down range.
- Only one shooter shooting per position, coaching is permitted.
- Only two people per lane.
- Non-shooters may not enter range area
- Obey all range commands immediately.
- Do not use alcohol or drugs while shooting
- No one shall go forward of the firing line, unless a ceasefire has been called and authorized by the Range Officer.
- Any damage to the range (due to negligence) will be subject to a fine which will include damaging Target Holders, Target Trays, Lighting, walls, ceiling or floors.
- If you have violated any range rules you will be asked to leave and be banned from the range.
- No food or beverage is permitted in the shooting area.
- Clean up your area when leaving.
- Place all paper and plastics in container marked “Trash”
Ammunition rules while using the BIG WOODS GOODS Range
- Only the removal of your spent brass is allowed.
- Only remove your spent brass from your shooting lane. Do not enter into another lane to retrieve brass.
- Never discard live ammo in any containers. If you have live ammo that you need to get rid of please give it to the range master.
- Be sure that you are using the correct ammunition
- Armor piercing, steel core, bi-metal jackets, tracer or incendiary ammunition is prohibited.
- Black powder is not allowed.
- Place all spent brass in Container marked “Brass”
The undersigns affirms, by their signature that they have read, understand, and will comply with the rules while using the BIG WOODS GOODS Range
Signature________________________________ Date ________________